1. Your Acceptance
The information found on the Site is meant for general informational purposes only. The Site does not offer legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is created by a user accessing the Site or attempting to send communications via the Site. For more information, please visit the “Disclaimer” page hosted on our Site.
3. Additional Agreements
Please be aware that if you decide to retain SME Law for any legal services (“Legal Services”), such Legal Services will be memorialized and agreed upon pursuant to an SME Legal Services agreement. Where user signs an agreement for Legal Services with SME such Legal Services agreement shall control and be binding and supersede this Agreement. Where this Agreement and the Legal Services agreement conflict, the Legal Services agreement shall control and be binding on the parties.
5. Site Availability and Modification
Although we will attempt to provide continuous Site availability to you, we do not guarantee that the Site will always be available, work, or be accessible at any particular time. We reserve the right to alter, modify, update, or remove our Site at any time. We may conduct such modifications to our Site for security reasons, intellectual property, legal reasons, or various other reasons at our discretion, and we are not required to explain such modifications. For example, we may provide updates to fix security flaws, or to respond to legal demands. Please note that this is a non-binding illustration of how we might exercise our rights under this section, and nothing in this section obligates us to take measures to update the Site for security, legal, or other reasons. You agree that we are not required to provide you with access to our Site and may terminate your access to our Site at any time and for any reason.
6. Third Party Links
The Site may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by SME Law. SME Law has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, SME Law will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Site, you expressly relieve SME Law from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
7. Your Conduct While Using The Site
When accessing or using our Site, you are solely responsible for your use and for any use of the SME Law Site made using your account. You agree to abide by the following rules of conduct:
- You will not copy, distribute or disclose any part of the Site in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”;
- You will not attempt to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Site;
- You will not use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Site or to extract or export data collected through the Site;
- You will not take any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- You agree not to use the Site to stalk, harass, bully or harm another individual;
- You agree that you will not hold SME Law responsible for your use of the Site;
- You agree not to violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to SME Law;
- You agree not to interfere with or disrupt the Site;
- You agree to not violate any Saudi laws, Emirati laws, or US federal, state, or local laws while using the Site; and
- You agree not to use the Site in any way that is: misleading, unlawful, defamatory, obscene, invasive, threatening, or harassing.
If you are discovered to be undertaking any of the aforementioned actions your privileges to use our Site may at our discretion be terminated or suspended. Generally, we will provide an explanation for any suspension or termination of your use of any of our Site, but SME Law reserves the right to suspend or terminate any account at any time without notice or explanation.
8. Intellectual Property
The name “SME Law,” the design of the SME Law Site along with SME Law created text, writings, images, templates, scripts, graphics, interactive features and the trademarks, marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to SME Law. The Marks are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under Emirati and US laws and international conventions. SME Law reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution anything contained within the Site unless we have given you express written permission.
You may terminate this Agreement by notifying us at email@example.com. Upon termination please be aware that portions of the Agreement shall survive in accordance with the “Survival” provisions stated in this Agreement. We may terminate your access to the Site if we determine that: (1) you have violated any applicable laws while using our Site; (2) If you have violated this Agreement or any other of our Site policies; or (3) if we believe that any of your actions may harm the SME Law Site or our business interests, at our sole decision or discretion. In the event of termination, we will strive to provide you with a timely explanation; however, we are not required to do so.
10. Limitation of Liability; Representations and Warranties
USE OF THIS SITE AND ANY SERVICES, ARE AT YOUR EXCLUSIVE RISK, AND THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS EXCLUSIVELY WITH YOU.
- EXCEPT FOR ANY WARRANTIES AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN THE SITE OR SERVICES PROVIDED ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM A COMPUTER VIRUS, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- SME Law DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (1) THIS SITE AND ANY SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; (2) DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THIS SITE OR CONTENT FOUND ON THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED; (3) THIS SITE WILL BE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (4) ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS SITE OR SME CONTENT WILL BE ACCURATE, CORRECT, UP TO DATE, OR RELIABLE.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we are not liable, and you agree not to hold us responsible, for any damages or losses (including, but not limited to, loss of money, goodwill or reputation, profits, or other intangible losses or any special, indirect, or consequential damages) resulting directly or indirectly from your use of the Site or ANY CONTENT FOUND ON THE SITE BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE LAW FIRM IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you. In the event that your jurisdiction does not allow us to exclude all liability, you agree that our total liablity to you will not exceed the total amount you have spent on your purchases via the site OR $100 USD WHICEVER IS GREATER. Specifically, in those jurisdictions not allowed, we do not disclaim liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by SME Law’s negligence or that of any of its officers, employees or agents; (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) any liability which it is not lawful to exclude either now or in the future.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SME Law, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from:
- your use of and access to the SME Law Site;
- your violation of any term of this Agreement; and
- any claim that your actions harmed a third party
This defense and indemnification obligation will survive this Agreement and your use of the SME Law Site. You also agree that you have a duty to defend us against such claims and we may require you to pay for an attorney(s) of our choice in such cases. You agree that this indemnity extends to requiring you to pay for our reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements. In the event of a claim such as one described in this paragraph, we may elect to settle with the party/parties making the claim and you shall be liable for the damages as though we had proceeded with a trial.
We take copyright infringement very seriously, and we shall comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you live within the US or own any copyrighted material within the US and believe that your copyright has been infringed, please send us a message which contains:
- Your name.
- The name of the party whose copyright has been infringed, if different from your name.
- The name and description of the work that is being infringed.
- The location on our website of the infringing copy.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law.
- A statement that you swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in this notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or have an exclusive right in law to bring infringement proceedings with respect to its use.
You must sign this notification and send it to our Copyright Agent: Copyright Agent of SME Law, firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws in force in the state of New York. The offer and acceptance of this contract is deemed to have occurred in the state of New York.
You agree that any dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement will be heard solely by a court of competent jurisdiction in or nearest to New York County, New York.
If you bring a dispute in a manner other than in accordance with this section, you agree that we may move to have it dismissed, and that you will be responsible for our reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements in doing so.
You agree that the unsuccessful party in any dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement will be responsible for the reimbursement of the successful party’s reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements.
15. Force Majeure
You agree that we are not responsible to you for anything that we may otherwise be responsible for, if it is the result of events beyond our control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, insurrection, riots, terrorism, crime, labor shortages (including lawful and unlawful strikes), embargoes, postal disruption, communication disruption, failure or shortage of infrastructure, shortage of materials, or any other event beyond our control.
In the event that a provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, conflicting with another provision of the Agreement, or otherwise unenforceable, the Agreement will remain in force as though it had been entered into without that unenforceable provision being included in it.
If two or more provisions of this Agreement or any other agreement you may have with SME Law are deemed to conflict with each other’s operation, you agree that SME Law shall have the sole right to elect which provision remains in force.
We reserve all rights permitted to us under this Agreement as well as under the provisions of any applicable law. Our non-enforcement of any particular provision or provisions of this Agreement or any applicable law should not be construed as our waiver of the right to enforce that same provision under the same or different circumstances at any time in the future.
All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
All users who access the Site must be 18 years of age or older.
You may not assign your rights and/or obligations under this Agreement to any other party without our prior written consent. We may assign our rights and/or obligations under this Agreement to any other party at our discretion.
We may amend this Agreement from time to time. When we amend this Agreement, we will update this page and indicate the date that it was last modified or we may email you. You may refuse to agree to the amendments, but if you do, you must immediately cease using our Site.
22. Electronic Communications
The communications between you and SME Law use electronic means, whether you visit the Site or send SME Law e-mails, or whether SME Law posts notices on the Site or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from SME Law in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms, conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that SME Law provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
23. California Users
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.3, any questions about pricing, complaints, or inquiries about SME Law must be sent to our agent for notice to: email@example.com
Lastly, California users are also entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.